Recruiting a good telemarketing team is crucial for a successful lead generation campaign. For one, they are the people who will stand on the frontlines, getting in touch with business prospects and turning them into qualified B2B leads. The problem here, so far, is the actual recruitment of your telemarketers. While it might sound easy, putting things in motion can be quite complicated. You can interview them on the phone, or maybe do a demonstration, but these pale in comparison to more intangible qualities that truly differentiate excellent telemarketers.
- A positive attitude – generating sales leads is no joke, with stress and rejections rates on the phone pretty high. If you can find a telemarketer with a natural sense of humor, or lives with a positive attitude, you should give them a second look.
- Enthusiasm – the work can be draining, especially if this is a long-term campaign. Excellent telemarketing representatives are buoyed with an enthusiastic outlook, keeping them going despite the drudgery.
- They worked hard, and they have something to show for – this is where past job experiences come in. No matter how promising a potential hire is, if they have shown a lackluster performance, this might make you think twice. It is your call to hire them or not.
- Self-motivated – you cannot give your team pep talk every day. You have a lot of things on your plate. It would be a great help for you if you simply hire someone that can motivate themselves, and get things done.
- They have a clear and friendly voice on the phone – in telemarketing, voice quality is important. You need someone who has this quality if you want to be effective in appointment setting tasks.
- Willing to go on an incentives scheme – a commission-based payment system can be a win-win arrangement. If your agent does not perform well, you minimize your losses. If they exceed expectations, they earn a larger paycheck. It is a risk, but the rewards are worth it.
- Can work with a team – lone wolves may be good, depending on the account, but you will need team players in a campaign that can might go through several stages before getting qualified as business leads.
- Confident – these people are sure of themselves and their capacity to excel in their work. Such people are rarely the type to sulk or get depressed after a bad day. Hire them astelemarketers and you will save yourself from performance headaches later.
- Empathetic – someone who can put himself on another man’s shoes is someone will be able to build rapport with prospects. And in lead generation terms, rapport is a big deal.
- Persistent – not taking ‘no’ for an answer is a quality that defines an effective marketer. They will keep on going until they finally get what they want.
See? If you can find someone who embodies most of these qualities, then your telemarketing campaign will be successful. What more if you can find one who has them all, right?